Sharing is Caring

Wednesday, March 9

Off to denver-denver land

My two months of boredom are over. Starting Monday I am off to Denver for 3 months. Although I come home on weekends I have to say that traveling flat out sucks. The only positive is that I think Denver will be an awesome city...but not like there is time to hang out and visit since I'm only there for work. I do have the option of flying out the boy for a weekend but my thing is that I hate PACKING!! And there is no way I am packing for two weeks. Lame I know but I have this paranoia with luggage and not being able to lift the bag to the overhead compartment. And I hate checking in baggage. And I can't exactly pack light since it is going to be butt as% cold ( supposed to be snowing while I am out there). And it is super nice in SFright now.

What is even more annoying (other than the fact that I hate not coming home to the boy every night) is that I am all jazzed about my resolution to be proactive and reach out/hang out with my friends during the week and of course I do this right when I have to leave. Oh well. At least I can attempt to work on making more phone calls to ya'll!

Is this really what life holds for me? I mean I already traveled for 5 months last year. 3 months in the works this year. There is no way I can continue this trend long term. Does this mean a career change? How am I supposed to manage my so-called work/life balance? I really do enjoy what I do and I appreciate that my company has a ton to offer...but is there something else better out there? Could I really have a job that balanced all my needs? I doubt it and am too afraid to try and even find one. Going through the interview process all over again makes me ill. Rejection from a company would be too hard to handle. For now I prefer to stay safe where I am and whine about it every day. I am supposedly up for promotion this year so I am excited to see how this pans out. This August will be my 4 year anniversary!!! I am SO old! I am totally that tenured (is that the right word?) employee that tells all these lame stories to new hires about how work used to be back in my early days. I greet these kids with a cloud of resentment over my head as I see them as competition. Every new hire looks so eager to learn and be involved and full of questions. I of course am the bitter one giving all of them the evil eye. At least I am not alone. I have some pretty bitter coworkers.

I watched the Grudge last night with some lovely ladies - I LOVE scary movies but this movie was lame!!! Total knock off from the Ring which by the way they are coming out with the Ring 2! Yup - I am excited. The Ring is totally one of my favorite movies. I mean when was the last time a movie really freaked you out? The exorcist is the only other movie that really gave me a scare. And I was like 5.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you serious that you are worried to pack a lot? You always have the teeny-tiniest backpack or bag when all of us girls go somewhere together!
    Sad you will be gone, Jackie-O. We miss you already!
    xoxo Linz

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jato, I love this blog thing! Who knew we had soooo much in common?! JK. But seriously, I hear you on the phone thing. I pass on way too many phonecalls because I'm too tired. Or because I'm watching something on television, most likely a reality show... which is pretty ironic.

    But as for Colorado... you should definitely fly up the boy one weekend!! Just sack up and pack a normal size suitcase, one that you'll have to check, and utilize dry cleaning services if you run out of clothes. You might as well see what CO has to offer while you're there. And I say this because I'm in the same boat... week after week in Eugene, OR for SOX testing. Lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home