Sharing is Caring

Monday, March 14

Is it winter?

Here I am in Denver and although I was somewhat excited for the trip - all my positive energy was lost trying to conserve my heat energy since it is freaking snowing!! I knew it would be cold but dressing for work when it is freezing outside just sucks. How am I supposed to layer button down shirts?! Good thing I have a wool coat but didn't realize I also needed my gloves, snow boots, ski hat, face mask etc! The whole weather thing wouldn't be that bad since we should be driving everywhere right? WRONG! For some reason we are taking the downtown bus to the civic center and then walking 4 blocks in the snow with my computer bag to work. Did I mention it was snowing? Not sure how I am supposed to stock up on my breakfast food when there are no grocery stores in site and I am sure none of them are walking distance. YUCK.

I've already eaten 2 bags of chips (the bad but oh so good kinds) since there is nothing else nearby! And the coffee here sucks:( No milk - just nasty powder creamer. WAHHH!!!!

Supposedly there is decent shopping out here so I guess I can go dry my tears buying some warm clothes.

Shout out to Lindz and j-do for the phone calls! And also to my boy who from now on will be referred to as MAC for taking time out of his sunday to read all my blogs:)

Back to work for me!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You poor thing! I cant believe it is snowing in any part of the country right now!! Well, like you said, good excuse to go shopping...but for the meantime, wear your sweaters! you can wear a sweater over a button down shirt, or wear a thermal tee underneath a shirt...tights underneath pants are great...make sure your shoes are snow-proofed if they are leather, or else you are guaranteed to get salt-damage on them when walking through the snow. Think warm thoughts and I will keep sending you more cold-weather dressing tips as I think of them :)

    Love you,

    Gladys

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger jen said…

    Don't listen to MAC! Chips are gooood.

    Thanks for the shout out. Oh, crap, I forgot what else I was going to say because I got so excited about my shout out.

    well, anyway...Denver sucks. There. I said it. (not that I've ever been)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home