Sharing is Caring

Wednesday, June 21

silly dog

so yea I had a boring fri and sat since I was working a bit. I made the mistake of getting a little buzzed on sat night and staying up till 2 in the morning working...and yeah I made some work -related buzzed emails. I checked the next day and I think all was ok!

Sat night was exciting cuz we got to puppy sit!!! my friend just got a labordoodle who is now about 14 weeks old and we got to have her for the night. it was really eye-opening to experience how much TIME and WORK and patience puppies require. MAC had to take the dog out to pee like 7 times in 8 hours. she would bark loudly too for no reason and that was annoying since we can;t really have pets in the building. and the dog would not stay asleep for longer than half an hour so she kept me up all night which sucked.

father's day was a really fun time too. went to the de young museum which I thought was amazing - not pretty but definitely I felt moved by the work! after we went to that brazilian restaurant on market and gough - we ate SOOOO much meat it was great.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm actually really glad that you guys had that experience. So many people underestimate what it takes to have a doggie. Of course it's great and there are so many wonderful benefits - but having a puppy is a LOT of work!!! Especially when the doggie is in an unfamiliar place like your dog sitting victim ;).
    There are so many things that you have to learn to make time for and you have to sacrifice sleep or your own time and freedom for their needs. It's a big committment for sure. Good work helping out your friend!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Krikri said…

    hahhhh puppyhood. I wish I could have puppysat before getting Roger - everyone told me how much work it would be, but you can never really know until you experience it for yourself! I remember not having time to eat dinner because "where's the puppy, what's he chewing on, is he peeing on the couch/my bed/the floor, etc etc" and of course the ENDLESS potty trips! But then of course they make up for it with their cuteness and delicious puppy breath... :)

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger jen said…

    I didn't get Anna when she was a puppy, but I did get to experience the craziness of a crazy/ugly/malnourished/untrained dog from a shelter, so I have some idea. Dogs are a lot of work and very time consuming!!

    I always wanted to try that brazilian restaurant. Maybe next time I visit SF...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home