Sharing is Caring

Thursday, March 17

Happy St Patty's Day!

No green for me but Happy St Patrick's Day! I started off my day with my chai latte dripping all over my coat and pants. Now I know MAC knows all about this but for you kids that drink Starbucks - any of you notice a problem with the cups??? You know how the cup has a seam? Right where the seam hits the cup lid there is a tendency for the drink to drip. I am even drinking my tea through a damn straw and yet the drip phenomena lives on.

I bought some gloves last night!!! J-do no longer has to dream about giving me a pair! I was able to leave work early enough yesterday to hit up Ross and luckily they had like 3 pairs of gloves left. With the recent snow and all turns out there is high demand for gloves. So yeah - I got a pair of purple fluffy with silver sparkles gloves. It was either that or cream. I thought I could use some flare to my outfits since I pretty much wear all black everyday. Walking down the 16th street mall turned out to be a little intimidating being alone at night. Surprisingly (or not) there is quite a number of homeless around and a lot of punk/thug looking kids wandering the streets. Now the reason I say surprising is cuz if I were homeless CO would be the LAST place I would go to hang out. I mean CA is the way to go! But hey if they are happy then power to them.

Had a fabulous dinner last night. A major perk of traveling is that we get to check out some wonderful restaurants...for FREE:) I am realizing though that I need to cut down on my dinner orders - last night I had calamari, shrimp in some insane sauce, and veal in some insane sauce. Amazing taste = NOT HEALTHY!

Talking to my coworker today - he recently turned 27 and was commenting on how his life was not turning out as he planned. I asked for more specifics which he wouldn't just yet divuldge but I was like - why bother making "life" plans when life never turns out as you expect/want? I mean I have like basic goals of I want to have: a house with a yard; a pretty puppy; a decent job; a good work/life balance; some travel time; plenty of quality time with friends and family; clear skin and a healthy lifestyle:) Am I missing something? Is this just a sign of my immaturity and not thinking bigger picture? Another one of my coworkers commented last year about how he thought I was a floater - i.e. I just take things as they come and I don't plan for anything. He made it sound like a negative thing and I am not sure I agree. I can't predict what life will bring so why not just enjoy what comes my way? If anything I think I am lucky for how fortunate my life has overall turned out. I guess the only drawback would be if the wave crashed and I didn't have a solid place to land. I don't know what this all means. Maybe I am too simplistic with my outlook on life. On that note I am back to work to float along my Denver wave:)

2 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    just be happy girl! too many people spend too much of their day thinking way too much of their woes... so if you're happy and if you're simple, stay that way! :)

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are GREAT just the way you are! And OF COURSE you would have been at Papalote with us if you were in town - that was the plan until you took off for Denver!
    :) Linz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home