Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, September 27

traffic and money woes

I will never understand traffic. I have had a bagillion conversations about it and no one seems to understand. how in the world does traffic start? for 15 minutes on the freeway cars were bumper to bumper and then all of a sudden it clears and off zooming we go. reason for the delay? NOTHING. the sun was outside so people wanted to actually see it or something? no accidents, no cops, nothing. lots of trucks though. could be their conspiracy to make all of us suffer on the road.

thinking about money. I am starting to realize with the help of MAC that I have unrealistic standards of "success" for myself. success to me has always meant financial bliss...never did I think oh to have work life balance and have time to enjoy home and friends and all that good stuff. Nope - I just always assumed adult life would be me working a lot in an effort to make the big bucks. As part of my whole transition phase that I am in right now - which includes uncertainity about living in SF, and where I want to work - I am slowly seeing the light and realizing there are more important things to life than the amount of my paycheck. still trying to figure out just how to make that switch but I am hopeful!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally know what you mean about the traffic thing! Doesn't it drive you nuts when there really isn't a visible reason for the traffic?! I had a bit of that this morning. I really think it has to do with stupid drivers - they don't know what they are doing and they use their break pedals like they are gas pedals!
    Ok - venting over :)!

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys would NEVER make it in LA! One day of our traffic would make you crack. People stop here if the air pressure changes. And when it rains -- forget it -- people either speed up or age 50 years and drive like turtles.

    --Laura

     

Post a Comment

<< Home