Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, October 4

la lal la it's tuesday

watched some tv last night. Finally got to check out arrested development - thanks to J-do's raving about it. I had no idea what the show was about but definitely not what I expected! that shit was fun-nay! such random crap you can't go wrong. not sure if I am ready to check out lost but all of ya'll seem to heart it so obviously must be good.

I have a new route I am taking to work and it is making quite a difference in my morning road rage. MAC still thinks I jump the anger gun too quickly but I think these 2 days have been quite improved.

I am about to do some online shopping at ann taylor. yup - I love basic work attire that is affordable and somewhat fashionable! I want to say preppy but I don;t think I am a preppy dresser. what does that even mean? I don;t wear sweaters tied around my shoulders and that is what I think of when I hear the work preppy. is that wrong?!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think Ann Taylor is preppy. I would think that it's more sophisticated - and some of it maybe kind of conservative like appropriate for work. I have made plenty of purchases from Ann :).
    As for Lost - I would recommend watching the show with someone who can fill you in on stuff. There's a lot that's gone on and you want to know it all for sure :).

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    This style of dressing first emerged in the financially prosperous 1950s, when students went for the Ivy League look. According to Yesterdayland.com, "Madras plaid dress shirts with button-down collars, v-neck sweaters and slimmed-legged chino pants marked the college boy, while slim sweater sets, pleated skirts and saddle shoes all but guaranteed a good girl entrance to the university." Three decades later, the Ivy League look became the preppy look.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home