Sharing is Caring

Wednesday, February 8

foam me up

I am becoming a master at foaming my milk for my morning coffee. It take skill, precision and patience but I am working it!

Thought for the day. I am having a hard time dealing with new hires straight from undergrad...and I am speaking in terms of working with them. I don;t know if it is just the project I am on or what but there is totally a lack of respect! I mean, when I ask them to do something, I at a minimum expect a response saying ok it is on their to-do list. Instead I have to wait a full day with nothing, come back the next day and re-ask only to be told that oh they have other stuff to do and why don;t I do it myself. Now to this I respond with some attitude because I freaking said so bitch a'ight?! I am not delegating tasks that are like go get me some coffee. I ask for a reason damn it. and when it comes down to it there should be a little as$ kissing going on right? I AM their senior! oh whatever. I am just on a little power trip I guess. but back when I was their age I was totally respectful of my elders:)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree with you about respecting your elders. They should not be giving you that attitude if you are their senior. What is that about? Is there someone else that you can talk to or bring in the mix that can back you up and tell them that they better get the shiz done that you ask of them? Bastards :).

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    can't you talk to somebody about that bullshit? crack the whip chicajato...

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, you better not let this one go, Jackie!! I totally feel what you are experiencing and my guess is they look at you and immediately think, "Oh, she's just as young as I am, I'm not giving her any respect, I'm just as good as her!", etc, etc. Ok, enough psychoanalysis of these LOSERS!!! You better whip them into shape my lovely!!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Ha ha. I am totally picturing you as a cranky old man yelling,
    "Damn kids...stay off my lawn!"

    Seriously, though, you have to impose your authority over them but in an appropriate, professional manner, otherwise you end up looking just as bad or worse as them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home