Sharing is Caring

Monday, February 13

So over it

there are many fabulous things about my apartment. It is a great size, great location, has plenty of closet space, has parking, dishwasher, laundry downstairs, a shower/tub. I am sure there are some more items but I would now like to complain about the many things that annoy me about our place. There is freaking mold because our damn apartment is FREEZING cold and I refuse to leave the windows open as the cost of heating in insane. We have to take a shower with our door closed because the stupid fire alarm goes off with the ittiest bittiest amount of steam. The bathroom then is not only moldy but getting ready in the mornign sucks since all the mirrors are fogged up and I get all warm / sticky and that sucks. So not only is mold on our ceiling in the bathroom AND in the kitchen, I come to find out yesterday that there is mold ON MY FUCKING CLOTHES. Our closet is attached to the bathroom so when I thought I was doing a smart thing by leaving the second door to the bathroom open so that the steam could clear, I was fucking up my clothes. No big deal I guess, threw away some stuff, will wash some stuff. But that just pushed me over the edge. I want OUT. I hate our bathroom situation, I hate the stupid mold, I hate how cold it is and how I never feel warm in my own apartment. I hate that there is no counter space in the kitchen. I hate that I don;t have a backyard and that I feel hopeless about ever owning a home. I feel like I am getting so old and yet have nothing to show for it. I should be on the road to settling down and having a home and being able to come home and cook dinner and have my significant other come home at 6 every night so we can eat dinner at a reasonable time and then do something productive with our nights. NOPE. none of that going on. what have I done and what am I accomplishing? feels like nothing. the toment continues. I doubt I will ever feel like I am doing the right thing with my life and that everything is just peachy.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger torvo said…

    I can sooooo relate to apartment troubles. The stress of an apartment is a chronic one... it seeps in unsuspectingly and fixes itself before you know it.

    Good luck.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's called Damp Rid - you can get it at hardware stores or Orchard or where ever. My sister had to get some for the same type of reason. She got a ton of clothes cleaned b/c of too much moisture in the closets. I also suggest getting a space heater/fan. Use that while you're in the shower to warm it up and to help dry it out when you're done...
    Don't worry my dear. Who has that life where everyone is home at 6 pm...? We're still too young for that. Do that when you have kids!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Ack, the cold and mold! You just brought back all the horrible memories of the shitcan that I lived in w/ la sassy and mel in Berkeley. That whole issue can seriously put a damper on life. There's plenty of places in the city- I know it's a pain to move, but maybe worth it?

    And your angst, honestly, is comforting because I have had similar feelings about 'what do i have to show for myself' in terms of life, career, etc...my point is that it's totally normal and part of what our twenties are all about.

    hey- you could move to texas! i just saw today that kelly clarkson is selling her humongous house there for $400K. You could def. afford that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home