Sharing is Caring

Friday, February 17

tell me more about your work experiences

this is funny. I get to interview little college students for a summer internship program at work. Who am I to be judging these kids! It's like, what distinguishes them from each other? I am sure they would all do great with the 3 month job so how do I decide? I am basing it on genuine interest in the field, but come on. WHen I was a junior the last thing I was genuinely interested in was work. I feel like I am beign to harsh with my ratings but show me you want this more than anything! is that wrong? If I were interviewing myself all I know is that I would never get hired!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are the best Jato! So you have to find out in someway if they take the job thing seriously...maybe they don't know if they want it more than anything, but if they seem responsible and like they'd do a good job, I think you have to go with that ;)!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    i agree with green eyes... i'm sure these kids don't even really know what they'll be doing... what they do know is that they need job experience... that maybe this position will help them figure out what they want more than anything... just look for the kids that will work hard - that will take it seriously... it doesn't have to be the be all end all of their lives... give 'em chance!

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger jen said…

    I say give the job to the person who is least qualified but is giving you the vibe that they will work their ass off!

    It is such a pain in the ass to find an internship in college when you don't have anything else on your resume (the whole, 'takes experience to get experience' thing). I think the attitude is the most important thing...

    Or just give it to the best looking of the bunch. That's the way it works in the real world...they best be getting used to it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home