Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, July 18

insecurity

I am having such a hard time feeling adequate at my job right now. I am in training right now for the next phase of my project and there are a handful of coworkers attending as well from all over the states. they all happen to be new hires, except for me of course. they all stare in amazement when I tell them how long I have been with the firm. and then it's like yeah, I have been here for 5 years and what do I have to show for it? I have always felt lost, starting from scratch from project to project. I might learn something in good detail and then it will never be needed again. so I have no "skill set" if you will...other than I am flexible. what good does that do me? I will forever be stressed and feel so much pressure to "perform" and end of the day no one really cares about my growth or career. they just want to make sure I am making them money.

I know I have complained about this before but how can I ever stop feeling this way unless I get another job? I don't think I can do this long term...but STILL have no clue what would be next!

will this quarter life + some crisis ever end?!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    chicajato... sorry girl! i know what you mean... what the fuck are we doing!?!?

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear you ladies! I am at a point in my job (AGAIN!) where I'm wondering how much longer I can deal. But what next? I don't have knowledge of industries I would be interested in and I won't start at the total bottom. So what do we do? The thing that's so hard to rectify is the desire for this whole "career identity" thing that we had in college and right after, and what it takes to just pay the bills.
    It is just a job right? It doesn't define who we are - it's what we do. But still - after putting in 40+ hours, it sucks when you don't feel good about what you did.
    Blah.
    I say look online and see if there are some job listings that sound interesting. Even if you don't have the exact qualifications, you never know. Is there a possibility to do something different within your company?

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Dude- I can't believe you have been there for 5 freaking years! In the same time, I have worked in consulting at two different companies, been unemployed, worked as a temp at an accounting firm and some other weird place, and now am doing real estate.

    I say you look around for another job- you definitely do have a skill set that could be appreciated by another company.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home