Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, July 25

YAY for me

Yesterday was a momentous day - I turned in my BIG presentation. I was so nervous sending it off and I was so scared that I needed to review just ONE last time to ensure I caught all spelling or grammar errors and formatting was consistent and blah blah. Such a freaking sense of relief. This has been a 4 month struggle and I am finally free!!! well, pretty much. One more thing to turn in today but this is much easier.

I had a fabulous weekend - knowing that I was just steps away from being done. I was able to see so many friends and get out and truly enjoy myself. It was such a nice treat. I was telling my sis about how excited I was for this day and I totally started crying. This has been so utterly difficult and such a stretch for me and here I am all done. I was telling her how I have worked so damn hard and I felt no one on my team (management) even commented on the quality of the work etc. Yesterday, my project manager said "I hit it out of the ballpark" and he didn;t think I would be as far as I was. I'm like - oh ok, thanks. The partner also said that I did great and he had no idea I was so challenged by this project since it appeared I was doing just fine. Yeah, I can maintain a calm compusure in public but good lord MAC has seen me cry so many nights due to my frustration. So I got the praise I wanted, and yet it still wasn;t enough. I wanted some, WOW chica, we can tell how much work went into this presentation and the detail is great and you must have done so much research and all that. But my sis makes a great point - it is not their job to make me feel proud of my work. I think I am proud, but this might change once I get feedback from the client.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Chica! Your sister is totally right but it's so hard to get to a place where we can accept the praise and not want more. Just the mere fact that those folks made those great comments says a lot. You know how it goes - do something great and no one really notices. But you better believe if you did something wrong or badly, everyone would notice and you'd get lots of comments! So just know that if they went out their way to say that you hit it out of the ball park - that is HUGE!! And that most people may not be getting that same feedback. Also - if you've been feeling sooo stressed and all that, but they had no idea - you are a star!!! This won't be forgotten but don't get caught up in hearng it from everyone else - tell yourself :)!!! And we'll tell you:
    Chica - you are amazing at your job! You have been working so hard for so many months - and on weekends too (b/c we didn't see you). You kept up a very professional appearance and seemed to go through everything with ease. Fabulous job!!! You deserve a raise! And a few weeks off! And a promotion. And many other perks!
    xoxo! Now let's get out and enjoy the summer together - woo hoo!!

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    ditto on your sister's comment... ditto on green eyes' entire comment... especially the "hit it outta' the ball park" - that's a great fucking compliment!

    do i have any original comments here?!?! uh... nope... i think those girls hit everything there. so one last ditto - CONGRATULATIONS SUGAR!

    AND - welcome back to the world of the living... it was good to see you on sunday!

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger Krikri said…

    ...did I mention your outfit looks so cute today?

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To add to the compliments, CONGRATS! We (or at least, I) don't get to hear enough about your stresses or hard times at work so vent on when you need to! And isn't it funny how every feedback or interaction we have with bosses can make us think about what type of boss someday we want to be? Lessons in everything.
    YOU ROCK!
    :) Linz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home