Sharing is Caring

Thursday, April 21

HAIL

There was totally a hail storm last night. Freaking weird - I haven't seen hail since I was like 8 and it was crazy. I was in our station wagon (WHOO HOO!) and I totally thought the hail was going to break our window. Oh so not only did I see hail - I freaking walked back from work in the stupid ice! Good thing I had my super duper hefty umbrella on me:) I am such the smart traveler!

Had another 3 hr dinner last night. I had to be strong since this was probably the only week all of these people would be here. So we went to a really nice restaurant that I loved since the last time we went I had the best salmon dish ever. I was all excited to have another seafood dinner and there is one item on the platter that I ordered that I had never heard of - tilipia - which I was informed is fish, and I was ready to experiment since how could I go wrong at such a fantastic place? Get the dish, try I bite, I was totally grossed out cuz the damn thing tasted like pure salt. I mean it was freaking loaded with spices or soemthing. I thought it was weird but perhaps normal but I had two of my coworkers try it out - the girl spit it out, the guy was like no this is not right! I am like great! Stupid fish! However, I did not bother to return the dish cuz the salmon, scallops and shrimp were all decent. And I liked the pilaf. BUT if that were my own money you better be damn sure that I would throw that back in their face! Or at least I say I would...not sure if I would ever have the balls to return a dish. Just seems so rude!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger jen said…

    I love that you write things exactly as you would say them in conversation. You make me laugh! p.s. good for you for trying new food things, even if it sucked.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm the whole tilapia thing intrigues me. I know that Filipino's eat that alot but I haven't actually tried it. Good for you for being brave and too bad it didn't turn out better this time. I love when other people pay for my dinners :). Are you heading home tomorrow?
    - Lynz

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    whatever tilapia's gross!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home