Sharing is Caring

Thursday, March 31

Sad but true

So not to dwell on the topic but re: the Schiavo thing. I had NO idea that she was in the vegetative state for FIFTEEN years. That is insane. I think I have lost all respect for her family for making her live through that for so long. That is just cruel.

Anyway - it snowed last night! I have never been in such a heavy downpour of snow and it was cute for a second, then I was just cold! No it really wasn;t bad at all and it was quite pretty. Went to dinner last night with all the coworkers and our client project manager. You all would have been so proud - I ate paella which is like all seafood!!! I am slowly claiming to be a seafood lover but I have never gone so far as to order something that is just mixed with all kinds of sea stuff! it was wonderful!!!! And I even had some sushi for lunch yesterday. what is going on with me?!

During dinner last night my evil coworker brought up the fact that Americans are ignorant. Reasons include apathy for world events, lack of culture, that kind of a thing. I of course fit into his stereotype quite nicely. I don;t do the news or read the paper. I know nothing about history and I suck at geography. I also don't vote (which I am working on people - and I did vote last year!). Here's what I don't get though. Why in the world should I care? Is it going to help me in any way other than dinner conversation? Is it going to impact my future or my day to day living? Now I see that I am being incredibly egocentric (or whatever centric word applies) but so what?? What is the purpose of life beyond ME and my own little world??? Life ends after so many years and whatever knowledge I had about life in Korea or whatever will be gone. AND IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE to anyone and the world will carry on its merry way. I just feel like life is a game and some players are more involved and they can shape our nation and impact other countries but hey - that's not my role in this lifetime so go have fun mr bush doing your own thing. Please feel free to school me if you feel so inclined.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear sister! I have to get into the habit of reading your blog each day!! I just read this week's worth and am so intrigued by all the great thoughts you have! My little sis likes seafood....that is so funny given that you raised such a stink all your life whenever we had to eat it at home!! One day you will LOVE the peruvian soup Sopa de Camarones :)
    Ok, my two cents on the whole not being worldly aware...I'm not either!! But I do recommend trying to at least give it a shot to see if you find any importance in being aware of stuff in the world...I do it by listening to NPR...a wonderful public radio station introduced to me by my worldly boyfriend and all my "mature" friends!! Try it, I think you'd be quite stimulated by the variety of topics raised...or, buy the latest copy of US magazine and at least you'll know the current stats of all the celebrities ;)

    I love you little one!

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear sister! I have to get into the habit of reading your blog each day!! I just read this week's worth and am so intrigued by all the great thoughts you have! My little sis likes seafood....that is so funny given that you raised such a stink all your life whenever we had to eat it at home!! One day you will LOVE the peruvian soup Sopa de Camarones :)
    Ok, my two cents on the whole not being worldly aware...I'm not either!! But I do recommend trying to at least give it a shot to see if you find any importance in being aware of stuff in the world...I do it by listening to NPR...a wonderful public radio station introduced to me by my worldly boyfriend and all my "mature" friends!! Try it, I think you'd be quite stimulated by the variety of topics raised...or, buy the latest copy of US magazine and at least you'll know the current stats of all the celebrities ;)

    I love you little one!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops! Sorry for the repeats!

    G

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    girl... kick that co-worker in the nuts already... does he do anything besides complain all fucking day?!?!?!

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger jen said…

    Ditto to what Miss Curious said.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home