Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, April 19

I hate riddles

You know how i-bankers go through a rigorous interview process where they ask you all these brain teasers? I applied to MS not to do i-banking but fixed income (which is not as stressful) and the interview process was still pretty intense. I think I have told most of you what an idiot I truly am...How did I get into college?? In case you forgot - here was the brain teaser that stumped me: you have 50 socks in a drawer - half black half white. How many do you have to pull to get a matching pair? All you smarties say - oh that;s easy - you pull 3 and you have to have a matching pair. I of course did not even come close to this! I asked them if I could give them a range...7-9!!!! Where in the world did I come up with this? Let me explain: I thought they were asking me the probability of pulling a matching pair..In my head I was thinking oh crap - I can't freaking do stats in my head! so I just threw out a number. LAME. They must have been dying at my answer!

Anyway, last night I once again felt like a moron. Answer me this: If you are in a room which has 4 walls and 4 windows and each window is facing south - where are you? I now know the answer and I refuse to accept it as right. Let me know what you all think and then I will let you know my issue!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like to think that I am a fairly intelligent person, but I HATE riddles too! My better half is very good at this stuff while I always sit there confused. Will you just e-mail me the answer so I can see if I am correct instead of posting my answer for the whole blog world to laugh at? :)
    Linz

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, post your answer and then I'll let you know if I was right!! Actually, I have NO IDEA what the answer might be, although I'll guess South since you seem so perplexed by the right response :)

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger jen said…

    I hate riddles too. I was going to try to answer it, and then my head started hurting. I am going to get some coffee and read E! Online or something instead!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you would be at the north pole.
    Am I right?
    mel

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Ambee said…

    Yeah - north pole seem right. I like riddles. He he. But in an interview that seems ridiculous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home