Sharing is Caring

Wednesday, March 30

Care for a nut?

Feeling pretty good again this morning! Made it to pilates - once again my ass was kicked. I feel like such a weakling as my legs are shaking holding a ball in the air and some 60 year old woman is doing just fine. Walked to work alone today which was nice - I hate having to start the morning doing small talk with coworkers and the client. It is lovely outside but good old Denver is going to have some snow this afternoon. random. On my walk there is a park that is full of squirrels. These creatures make me so damn happy. You can;t help but smile watching them frolic around, chasing each other, looking for food. I want a squirrel. Can I pet a wild one? Do they bite or something? Oh but on a not so chipper note - I have the biggest growth on my nose. I mean it can almost pass as a really red mosquito bite that got inflamed it is so huge. Shouldn;t this whole acne phase passed by now? Clear skin please. I mean I just spent a fortune on cleaning products so what the hell? So although I have somewhat decent skin, I was totally traumatized in high school because of one big phat nasty red piece of poop on my nose. I mean right on dead center. My lovely friends love to tease. I was known as rudolph for that week. It sucked. It was sooo disgustingly huge and of course I thought trying to pop the damn thing would help. Ended up making it like twice as big and all scabbed over. When will I ever learn?!

Thought for the day. Why is it that we need like 8-9 hours of sleep a night? I think the average is like 6.9 or something that we actually get. And I realize in the long term it is better for you to sleep more but why?? Am I not going to function as well when I am retired? I LOVE my sleep but I feel that I am cheating myself by getting so much. I mean when I am in SF I will skip the morning gym since I want beauty rest. Isn;t that worse though to not exercise and just sleep more? People that sleep like 6 hours seem to be functioning damn well and they get a lot of crap done in a day! How serious can the implication be in the long run? I just feel that I am lazy getting more than 8. But I am still tired! I want to learn how to zap myself into REM so that I can peacefully sleep. I wake up too much at night. Sucks. Oh and on this note - for all you that haven't seen the movie "Waking Life" I totally recommend it. All about the dream world and lucid dreaming and reality. So many theories and ideas are thrown out during the movie I just want to sit and take notes on it! Lucid dreaming sounds so cool. At times I feel like I have probably experienced it since I feel as if I am directing a movie and my dream is set in motion from where I want it to begin. I wonder if you can over cross over and have your dream universe merge into your conscious world. Hmm.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jackie, I LOVE your blog! Always bring up interesting thoughts or topics.
    So, I recently read a TIME article about why we need sleep and it talked about how it is not so much for our brain, since it is working while we're sleeping, but for your body and organs to physically recover and rest. And more sleep is ALWAYS better, to a certain point. While people can "function" with 5 or 6 hours of sleep, our body needs 8 hours of sleep and you can learn to get along without it but your body is hurting. Enough of my rambling! I hope your week is going well in Denver, we miss you out here!
    :) Linz

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dear - I so understand your skin issue. Although we are always our own worst critic, be happy that you only have one blemish to deal with. It's no fun when you've got a bunch all over! I think I will break out until I'm 90!! Seriously! You know what I find helps with the big ones? Either some neosporin (sp?) or hydrocortisone. The big ones can be kind of infected, so a little something like those ointments can help heal it up :). Hopefully it helps you like it's helped me!
    As for sleep - the more the better. I can get like 9 hours and still be tired. What's that about!!
    Lots of love to you in Denver!!
    Love,
    Lynz

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh hey - did you go see Dr. Ruth speak last night???

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh hey - did you go see Dr. Ruth speak last night???
    -Lynz

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry for the repeat - technical difficulties :)

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JACKIE - OHMIGOD - YOU HAVE THE BEST BLOG EVER - I LOVE IT AND LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVERYDAY!

    LOVE YOU TONS!
    MWAH!
    -Anye

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Krikri said…

    I <3 Waking Life, too - when I'm feeling shitty or confused about life, I just watch it and it makes me feel so much better! My favorite scene is the one where the two women are talking about baby photos, and how you say "this was me when I was little" but in reality, all your cells have regenerated pretty much, so what connects you to the child in the photo? OOOH I'M SO DEEP RIGHT NOW

     

Post a Comment

<< Home