Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, May 10

I am in preschool

I just got reprimanded by the mean coworker for being too loud at the client office. Is it my fault that I have a voice that carries?! I hate working at an office that is just dead silent and you are afraid to make a single noise. I am pissed because he of all people has a pretty freaking deep loud voice when he gets going on one of his rants and raves about something stupid. Here is an example of what an ass he is...at dinner he is talking about how some girls he was workign with or something were skanks. And I am just like - dude don't freaking call them that - I mean the girls he were talking about were not at all what one would classify as skank. Anyway - I think he uses this term quite loosely and I am just like - your freaking tranlsation skills are not working because you do not casually call a woman that term and he is like Oh I am so much smarter than you americans, I know everything blah blah blah. Ass.

Had a lovely dinner last night! I braved it and tried the tilapia again even though I was served a crap dish last time - and it was great!! go fish:)

so speaking with another coworker that is a foreigner - he was trying to explain to me how americans lack culture. I think I agree but I don't quite grasp what it means to have culture. In essence it is part knowledge of the history of the world, art & architecture in the city...stuff like that right? and yeah I suck at history but I do embrace other cultures so am I still uncultured???

3 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree that Americans don't have a "culture" but that's because we're such a young country with not that much history (in comparison to other countries) and such a mishmosh of cultures and ethnicities...i think that's what makes us Americans...it's just different...

    Where are your co-workers from?

    -Anye

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Caveat: I don't study history or human behavior. The following editorial is just what my humdrum brain has shaped from my own existence.
    We have culture. American culture is less visual and more mental that many other cultures. We are a state of mind culture: the american dream. Our culture is all about the self. What we can do, how we can be better, how we will do whatever we want to do. We all have it, to other cultures we can look arrogant or clueless. But it is not because we lack culture, it is just a diffent side of culture.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    man jack's... who the fuck are these peeps??? i'm sorry you have to use "indoor voice" LAME!!! :) On another note, the US is really a melting pot or at least the major cities are... that's a culture in itself... hmm, wild. And Anye, love the word "mishmosh"... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home