Sharing is Caring

Thursday, May 5

smarty pants

I am so smart - I mean really:) so follow up to my post yesterday. first I talked to some IT guy that was clueless. So then I went to the IT office to have them save my inbox...and they said they could do nothing for me - it was GONE!!! I have such a hard time believing that you can;t recover something that was permanently deleted cuz really - your computer doesn;t permanently delete anything! So I am moping around all day..dealing with my loss well but still sad. So I am playing around with outlook cuz I was trying to change some setting and lo and behold I saw an option to recover deleted items. I have undone a delete before but never for an item I have permanently deleted. So I give it a shot and it opens up this folder with a bunch of emails I had permanently deleted over the past week!!! The exciting part was that there was a button to recover all the items!!! So as I hypothosized - there were like 45 emails all deleted yesterday at noon!!! I WAS SAVED!!! So how is it that two different IT offices could do nothing for me and I figured this out on my own huh??!!!

SO I went to a brazilian restaurant last night with the whole team. Holy crap that was some good food...and a LOT of it. this place was totally meat lovers heaven. It was like a buffet where they just keep on bringing out meat items fresh off the burner and cut pieces off for you right at the table!! I ate SOOOO much meat! every kind possible too - steak, chicken, veal, turkey! This morning I felt damn gross though. I hope we don;t go back any time soon!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for tech-savy Jackie! You would think that the silly IT people would know that you can't permanently delete something. Don't they watch Law and Order -- that is how they always solve the murder or find out that someone was having an affair.

    -- LC

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome! You are genius :)
    Linz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home