Sharing is Caring

Monday, July 11

I'm back

vacation update! so although MAC and I had some quarrels, which was to be expected since I am a PITA (pain in the ass), we had an AMAZING time. this truly was my best vacation ever and I am so happy to have shared it with my man! I have never taken off so much time from work and it was damn awesome! I am getting so annoyed with our company culture and this need to work 60 hours every week of the year. You earn vacation for a reason right? use it damn it!

anyway, so day 1 and 2 pretty much just hung out in tamarindo on the beach. got to play with some iguanas - one of which attacked my lawn chair and faithful MAC had to protect me. The ocean was SOOO warm. the water was absolutely amazing. pleasant sized waves to MAC could go body surfing while I had to deal with a stupid bikini that gave me fake THO and was see through when wet, AKA you could see my pubes! GROSS!!! that bathing suit got tossed fast!

day 3 went on a canopy tour after MAC managed to get us lost finding the place. yes that is when I had a tantrum. we ended up working things out and went zip lining through the canopy! quite an experience - you go down the cables so fast and you are so high up! I was brave enough to do a cable upside down:) MAC had to follow suit or else I would have teased him forever!

Day 4 went on a tour to Arenal to see the active volcano. took a nice hike, got some great shots, then went out to the hot springs at this lovely hotel. damn water was too damn hot but there were like 38 hot springs at different temperatures so we found some that were suitable! We were soooo hot and all I wanted was to rinse off in a cool shower and of course there was no cold water in all of the 3 showers that I tried. this was temper tantrum #2 (or 4, who can count).

day 5 and 6 we went balls out and stayed at the 4 seasons in papagayo. Freaking amazing. every little detail in the resort was just well thought out and beautiful. We were so happy it was damn hard to leave. we went snorkeling, kayaking, played tennis, played in the pool and ocean! had our best dinner there one night too.

ay 7 we were in Ocotal which just flat out sucked! I can't decide if we would have been happy there if we had never seen the 4 seasons. Signs that your vacation is over: 1) there is a gecko in your room 2) there is like an ant farm on the floor 3) the toilet doesn't flush 4) there is no hot water 5) the electricity goes out 6) you get a call asking if you want to switch rooms at 10 at night since the toilet will not be fixed 7) your private jacuzzi is blocked off in a little room which makes you want to run and hide.

trip over - back to houston where our flight was delayed like 2 hours. glad to be back but miss the 4 seasons! Bought some cool shit that I can;t wait to wear:) surprised by how expensive everything was down there from food to gas but that is what you get in a tourist town. People were super nice - MAC and I did a good job practicing our spanish. I keep on wanted to say gracias toi everyone out here.

con mucho gusto! pura vida!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back my dear! I'm glad to hear that you had a great time! I can't wait to see pictures (with captions please :)). I know what you mean about the Four Seasons. They really spoil you there and anything after that just isn't the same. Sounds like a great trip all in all! Good for you for taking that vacation time you earned! Can't wait to see you sometime soon!
    xo,
    Lynz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home