Sharing is Caring

Wednesday, June 15

ouch

Last night as I was about to turn off the tv - HBO came on with one of their fabulous documentaries. this one was on teens and drunk driving. They showed all these nasty accidents and the kids in the hospital and the parents fussing over them and scared and the surgeries and gross stuff like that. One of the kids had swelling of the brain so they showed the dr drilling a hole in the skull to relieve the tension. gross. then they showed the dr stapling the skin over the skull. gross. of course I can;t stop watching. So these kids are totally liek 15, 16 year olds and it's like - how the hell do you get so drunk?? Three boys pretty much finished off a liter of vodka then one of the boys fell 3 stories in the mall.

so the sad thing was one of the kids that was in a coma forever recovered and went through physical therapy and all that. and what happens when he is better? He starts hanging out with his friends again and partying. lesson obviously not learned. I mean this kid went through hell - they had no idea how he would turn out since he was in the coma for so long. I realize partying is fun and all but tone it down buddy. and if you are going to drink then freaking do it at someone's house and crash there! None of this driving crap. I cant; make up my mind about being a parent that allows parties at their house if the kids stay - or if you refuse to let parties happen and then your kid goes off and drinks then has to drive back home.

I am surrounded by a lot of tragedy right now. I mean watching that show last night, I dreamt about my mom last night, I am reviewing claim files for beneficiaries of deceased insureds, my coworker's cousin's husband is in critical care from a stroke or aneurism. I can say that I had a somewhat less than optimal day today. Looking forward to going home tomorrow. 2 more weeks people~

3 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OHMIGOD I totally saw somethign similar to that on Discovery or something...so sad...last night must of been tv full of sad thigns...ABC had a piece on child labor...awful...

    Again...sad I missed you this last weekend!

    Luv,
    A

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger jen said…

    That show sounds really heart wrenching. Keep your chin up today- hope to see you soon!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    j-do... i really want us to hang out more when this denver thing is ova'... this blogging thing makes me feel like i know you so much better, and i love it... and love your punkass!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home