Sharing is Caring

Friday, September 15

suspense

I totally was not trying to keep you all in suspense but I haven't logged in to this site for a while! Anyway - so after a whirlwind of interviews with various cos for recruiting positions, 1 formal job offer, 1 informal offer, I decided after HOURS of discussions with various peeps that I can't leave consulting just yet. Weird huh? I whine whine whine and here I am deciding to stay. I need to stop whining first off. Secondly I need to embrace the projects I am staffed on cuz so far I can definitely say I have learned a ton. Thirdly I need to stop ragging on MBAs (mind you I would never rag on my friends with their degree!) that are being hired at my level and getting crap load more $.

I actually had an hour long coversation with one of the partners (which mind you was huge given that over 5 years I have spoken to him a total of 5 minutes) and I walked away from the convo feeling a lot more confident in my decision.

So off now I go to Burbank for my new proj. only a few months so doable. Anyway...today is the American Heart Assoc Heart Walk! THANKS to all of you that donated for this important cause. I raised ~$1800!!! I am very excited about that and all the support people showed. Much love:)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know - sometimes you need to know that there are other options out there to make you feel better about the situation you're in. So good for you!
    And you stink for keeping us in suspense stinker ;)!!!!
    So will you be down in Burbank during the week and then flying home on the weekends?

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger jen said…

    So what were the reasons you decided to stay in consulting?

    Whatever they were, it sounds like you are happy with your decision, so I am happy for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home