Sharing is Caring

Thursday, March 24

Damn

You know when you have been working on something for a good portion of time on your computer and you know you should save but you are so wrapped up in what you are doing that you push it off and then your computer decides to screw with you so it like shuts down and you lose all that info? yeah that happened to me today. And to wrap up my whining session, I bought a new pair of boots - FMBs - since I wanted to keep warm out here in denver and thought they would help. So far they have worked out pretty well except one thing. My ankle bone is totally swollen and bruised on my left foot! Somehow my boot is digging into this once section of my ankle and it is killing me. I mean I am somewhat limping when I walk. Damn shoes. I just stuffed my boot with a mitten to help ease the pain. It's working. It looks like I have a goiter on my leg (instead of my neck - I know what goiter means people!).

I got to watch Alias last night. I am still obsessed with Jennifer Garner. How can one be so cool?

I rarely read the paper or watch the news but this whole Schiavo case is all over the place. How can something get so freaking political? I'm sorry, I feel for her parents and I am sure they have a lot of faith and hope that some good will come out of their keeping her alive, but come on. You really think someone that has been in this vegetative state for so long is going to miraculously pull out of it and be functional again? If she were to manage to live off of the feeding tubes you really think she is going to be walking around shooting the shit with her parents? I am not trying to sound heartless but just realistic. And what exactly happened to her? Chemical imbalance due to an eating disorder? I can't quite see the connection. pretty intense situation.



6 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    since i'm such a bitch, i'm going to make a not so nice comment... ok here it is.... jennifer garner is totally PLAIN!!! there's nothing unique or interesting about her to me... i mean she doesn't have cute jackie curly hair or anything! but whatever, she's okaaaaaaay.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Future lawyer here - it's all about getting things down in writing, people! I feel bad for the Schiavo husband who said his wife told him she wouldn't want to be kept alive like this and now he looks like some monster since she didn't have an official will or last wishes. I can't beleive so much time and money is being spent on this - way to rally the evangelicals again.
    Anyways, sorry about your computer and ankle problem! Come back to CA, everything will be better!
    :) Linz

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger jen said…

    The Schiavo thing is out of control. Let the poor woman (and her husband) rest in peace already.
    Though I think the press has missed an opportunity to educate young women on the dangers of eating disorders here. Esp. since Terri Schiavo was bulimic and her family/friends ignored the symptoms at the time. Seems like if any good could come of this, it would be a) get people to write down their living will, and b) to get serious discussion going about women's self-image, health, and eating disorders.

    in lighter news, I think Jen Garner is gorgeous.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh sister! So I just finished catching up and reading all your blogs since I last replied...you poor thing! Sounds like you have had quite a time transitioning to Denver :( Glad to hear that you bought boots and gloves...now all that is left is finding out why those damn Starbucks cups leak all the freaking time cause I too have had many a drips on my clothes...
    I am SOOO proud of you for going to Pilates and encourage you to try out yoga too...I should be one to speak being that I've only gone to yoga once in the last month.
    Final note...sorry about about the computer malfunction today-very angering! You know, the whole Shiavo thing has fully impacted me in quite an angry way...guess it triggers me thinking of Mommy and how she could have easily been in such a predicament if she had family members that couldn't let her go like Shiavo's parents. I think we were blessed to have the courage to say goodbye.
    I miss you sis and love you very much and am super looking forward to seeing you and MAC (is that Morgan?!?!) on Saturday.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Ambee said…

    What's FMB? Is this some brand I don't know about?

    My two cents on all the important stuff -

    Terri Sciavo, such a political thing for the christian right to cling to... its become all about the right to life and that's such a stretch. I agree with Linz, get stuff in writing now. I think Bush and his brother need to keep their noses out of this.

    And J Garner is cute, but she also works her butt off and eats minimally to get her bosy looking like like, which is part of her appeal. She's not totally plan, Apes, but she isn't drop dead gorgeous. Still, kudos to her for playing strong female roles.

    Jato - see you Saturday!

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Y said…

    I'm in total agreement about Jennifer Garner. I love her! She's got that pretty girl next door thing working for her. Plus, she could seriously kick my ass if I said anything bad about her. ;)

    I feel bad for both parties involved in the Schiavo case, but I wouldn't want to be kept alive if I was Teri. I do agree that all of this is getting out of control. This should've been b/n the family, not the family & the state. The courts & the gov't should stay out & mind their own biznass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home