Sharing is Caring

Tuesday, March 22

I did it!

I managed to wake up at 5:30 this morning and hit the real gym that is like 4 blocks away. It was damn hard but totally worth it! I say that now mind you although in 2 hours I might be dead tired. Good old Starbucks. More caffeine please. Took this "tread" class where pretty you have someone yelling at you to go faster, slow down , increase the incline...pretty cool! Then tomorrow if I can handle 2 days in a row I will check out the pilates mat class. Go me!

Thanks all for the reply about my nasty coworker. He bugs and I let him get to me too much sometimes. I mean hello - my blog name is CHICA! Oh and I totally made my own enchiladas and they kicked ass so there!

Here is a sad story about another one of my coworkers. Someone in the SF office sent us all a farewell email since his last day is coming up. My coworker send him a reply telling him how sorry she was to hear he was leaving and that all the good people are slowly taking off but that he deserved the time off to relax. And here's the catch - I am sure you guessed it. She sent it to "reply all" and so like the whole west coast got her note. Now when I read it I was like oh that was a nice note but she is freaking out. She got an email from one of our senior managers saying "you should watch our for reply all. Hope your recall worked. I was up late so saw the email. I will not share this anyone." My response - She didn't say anything bad! If that were me my email would have been "lah lah lah" - thanks J-do for the advice:). I would hate to be in her shoes though. People will remember this when it counts and it could totally have a negative impact even if underserved.

We are going to Morton's for dinner tonight. Bring me some red meat!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to motivate and hit the gym! Very cool.
    And remind me to tell you an awful "reply all" e-mail story that involved inner office politics here. Not fun! I am always so careful now about hitting "reply all" or checking to see whose address comes up when I send a group e-mail - almost messed up there once also!
    xoxo Linz

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger jen said…

    Hey chica-
    Not to be totally paranoid, but keep in mind what happened to lasassy's friend in NYC after she spoke poorly of her company in her blog. If you don't remember, she got fired. That totally freaked me out, and from now on, I do my best to at least keep the work comments neutral. It's totally Big Brother and creeps me out, but that's the way the world works these days, I guess.

    p.s. My email story. I was working on sending out this mass email to about 400 attorneys (clients of ours). I thought I was "testing it out" by sending an email to myself. The test email?
    Subject: I am Cool
    Body of email: No really, I am way cool.

    Sent the damn thing out to about 60 people- like serious big-wig partners in corporate law firms! Quickly sent out a retraction, but did get a few people responding, saying "wow, it sounds like you're really cool". So embarassing.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah yeah Jackie, no one bettah question your ethnici-TAY, MMKAY??

    Ok so please forgive, I had no idea you had your very own blog, I just started reading, but I'll try to reply lots and lots from now on.

    (Did I mention your outfit today is so cute?? It is! Seriously Jackie, you look hot.)

    luv,
    deitz

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger MissCurious said…

    i totally replied to a borrower when i meant to forward to a co-worker... i complained at him not being at my beck and call... he emailed me back. since i'm such a good bullshit artist, i weasled myself out of it... so that girl is LUCKY she didn't say shit! hahaha!

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On the flip side of the reply alls, this guy who was supposed to be selling his product to me sent an email to me that was supposed to go to someone else. He was totally talking shit and said that we are asking for too much and that we're just "admin types" who want to cover all bases. Whatever to that guy. Be careful with those damn emails! Way to go with hitting the gym woman! How long are you in Denver my dear?

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh - that was me!
    Lyndsey :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home