Sharing is Caring

Monday, March 21

Here we go again

Back to Denver, back to work, back to sniffy nose! Flew out last night which blew. Had a great weekend doing nothing really...Except playing the most exciting game in the WORLD...GO FISH! MAC and I have the Nemo version of Go Fish and we had a rockin time! 2 bottles of wine and MAC winning every game, I realized that Go Fish is damn strategic! Also went shopping to get some Denver suitable work attire. Yeah for sweater sets!

So now I will rant about my coworker. I am Latina and proud of it - although I might switch my loyalty from Peruvian to Mexican based on who I am talking to! Anyway, my coworker enjoys mocking me for claiming being ethnic since I don't speak the language. This pisses me off because regardless of the language, I have totally been raised with the Latino culture and influences. Who is he to say that I am not ethnic enough??? Does he go to quincineras? Does he celebrate christmas with like 100 family members that have immigrated over in the past 10 years? Did he have pinatas at his 5th birthday??? And I mean a genuine pinata! Can he appreciate the cumbia? Did his parents watch telemundo? And what about that really cool show with that really pretty blonde chick as the host - it was like Cristina or something - I really liked that! Point here - don't freaking mock me bastard.

Oh and I didn't go to that girl's bday party this weekend! I opted to stay home at watch SNL!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HE SUCKS!
    -mel

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ditto Hulse. He sounds lame. Go Jackie!
    Linz

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Word Rush. He sounds annoying. You absolutely don't have to speak the language to be cultural.

    Although, it was funny in college when you would get flustered with the kids you tutored becuase they spoke "spanish and shit"

    --Laura

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger jen said…

    Laughing at Laura's comment! ha ha

    But seriously, tell this guy to f*** off. He's an idiot. An idiot who, incidentally, obviously didn't take very many liberal arts courses in college to understand the meaning of ethnicity or culture. Or ever eat your mom's tamales.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home