Sharing is Caring

Thursday, June 9

did I do that?

Still on the work topic here! it's amazing to look back at my work life and really think about what I have done. During my first year I think I was shipped out to san ramon (I had to freaking take the bart for like an hour!!!) and while at the time I thought all I was doing is sending out letters to these employees, looking back this was a BIG deal! I was a part of an M&A post integration process and there was so much going on around me but at the time I was totally just like, don;t mess up the mailing address! I do believe that I have shown growth over the years and that does make me happy. I just need more validation from management that I am doing ok! give me some praise damn it! My problem is that I never see the good of what I am doing. And I always assume I am doing something wrong. I swear I need a poster board with gold stars on it to make me happy.

I love gold stars. And I love winning...I would win the 3 legged race every year in grade school and that made me proud. Give me my 1st place ribbon please:) Iwas pretty good at the balloon toss but I could never throw far enough:( I think I won 2nd once at the 100 yard dash. I beat the boys so there.

So I am all excited to go home tonight but then realized I have a stupid 9:00 flight instead of my usual 8 so I will get home like at 11 at then I am being shipped out to LA fri morning. I am going to stay the night since I want to see the LA peeps but then I get no time with MAC:( SAD SAD SAD. 3 more weeks then I am DONE!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Ambee said…

    Maybe you'd be good in some sort of sales environment since its competetive and there's usually an incentive for good performance.

    But then you'd be doing sales and that sort of sucks.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh the validation. I would think that it would be appropriate to check in with your manager if it's been a while since your review (if you do have them - which I would imagine you do) and just check in. Find out how your performance is and if there's anything you can do and then you'll look like suuuch a good employee ;)! Just a thought. But if you don't want to do that, then I'll tell you that you are doing a fabulous job because you are smart, talented, funny and you pay attention to detail. There's your gold star for the day!!
    xo,
    Lynz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home